ADEQ

The Arkansas Division of Environmental Quality (DEQ) has begun accepting proposal submissions for its Reduce Emissions from Diesels program (Go RED!). 

The Arkansas Division of Environmental Quality (DEQ) has begun accepting proposal submissions for its Reduce Emissions from Diesels program (Go RED!).

In 2005, Congress passed the Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA). DERA stipulates that 70 percent of the funds it appropriates annually be used for national competitive grants. The remaining 30 percent of funds are allocated to the states to reduce diesel emissions.

DEQ distributes DERA funds in Arkansas through the Go RED! Program. Funding from this program reimburses agencies, businesses, cities, counties, and schools a percentage of expenses for projects that reduce or eliminate diesel emissions on medium and heavy-duty vehicles and equipment or for replacements of those vehicles and equipment.

The 2018 program provided for the replacement of 14 buses in nine Arkansas school districts.

For the 2019 program year, DEQ was awarded $406,829 in DERA funds to distribute to government, private, and nonprofit entities. Eligible projects will reduce dieselemissions in Arkansas through exhaust controls, engine upgrades, idling reduction technology, engine replacements, or vehicle and equipment replacements.

The first of this round's rolling deadlines is December 31, 2019, with subsequent deadlines on the last day of each following month until all funds are awarded or until April 30, 2020, whichever comes first.

CLICK HERE for more information about applying.

CLICK HERE for more business news on our website. Tell your friends and family that thanks to our advertisers, they can read news for free on our website.

Email us at news@magnoliareporter.com

CLICK HERE to find us on Facebook.

CLICK HERE to follow us on Twitter @Magnolia_Report

 

Click an emoticon to express your reaction to this article.

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you