Egg production

Egg production in Arkansas totaled 295 million eggs during February 2020, down 7 percent from the previous month but up 9 percent from February 2019.

The number of layers during February 2020 averaged 15.3 million, down slightly from the previous month but up 3 percent from this time last year. Egg production per 100 layers averaged 1,925 eggs, down 6 percent from the previous month but up 6 percent from a year ago.

United States egg production totaled 8.94 billion during February 2020, up 3 percent from last year. The average number of layers during February 2020 totaled 397 million, down 2 percent from last year. February egg production per 100 layers was 2,254 eggs, up 5 percent from February 2019.

Broiler-type chicks hatched in Arkansas during February 2020 totaled 81.1 million, up 2 percent from February 2019. Broiler-type chicks hatched in United States during February 2020 totaled 807 million, up 8 percent from February 2019.

Click an emoticon to express your reaction to this article.

1
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you