A Magnolia businessman and electrician died Thursday morning in an accidental electrocution in Lafayette County.
Jeffrey Hennessy, co-owner of H&F Electric, was killed at about 10:47 a.m. as a result of the accident at a location along Lafayette County Road 5 – Spirit Lake Road – in the western part of the county south of U.S. 82.
The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that it received a 911 call from the victim’s 14-year-old grandson, saying that Hennessy had been electrocuted.
The youth tried to explain to Lafayette County dispatch where he and his grandfather were located, however, he was not sure as to the location. The youth stayed on the line while dispatchers pinged his cellphone to get a location, which was along County Road 5 somewhere close to County Road 191.
After approximately 20 minutes on the 911 call, dispatchers got the caller to meet the deputies at the end of the road. Both deputies were transported via side-by-side approximately a quarter mile or so into a field where Hennessy was found.
Deputies performed CPR until the Lafayette County EMS team arrived. Coroner Bill Powell pronounced Hennessy deceased due to electrocution.